*** Notice to
Registered Sex Offenders of Potential Scam ***
Nevada - The Nevada
Department of Public Safety (DPS), Sex Offender Registry has received reports
of a potential scam in an effort to collect money from registered sex
offenders. Calls are being made to offenders informing them they are
non-compliant with their registration requirements, that a warrant has been
issued for their arrest and that the offender must pay a fine in order to be
Offenders are required by law to register in Nevada and failure to comply is a
felony offense; however, the Nevada DPS and local Law Enforcement do not
collect money from sex offenders for non-compliance or for warrants issued.
to do if a suspected scam phone call is received:
- Do not give out personal or work information
- Do not arrange to meet with the caller
- Do not make a payment to the caller
- Immediately report the call to local law enforcement
- Contact the Sex Offender Registry for compliance status
offenders who have questions regarding compliance status should contact the Sex
Offender Registry directly at: 775-684-6262 email@example.com
Search and Statistics
NOTICE: The information on the Nevada Sex Offender
public website located at sexoffenders.nv.gov is made available for Public Safety and Community Notification purposes only. A person shall not use information obtained from the community notification website for any purpose related to any of the following: insurance, including health
insurance; loans; credit; employment; education, scholarships or fellowships; housing or accommodations; or benefits; or privileges or services provided by any business establishment. Anyone who uses information obtained from the community notification website in any manner that violates any provision of NRS 179B.270,
criminal prosecution and/or civil liability pursuant to
179B.280, 179B.285 or NRS 179B.290.
Where to Obtain More Information
- Your local law enforcement agency.
- Records, Communications and Compliance Division Sex Offender Registry, (775) 684-6262 ext. 1.
- Sex Offender Registry Fax (775) 687-3237
- The Nevada Attorney General's Office: (775) 684-1100